What is independent living?
Independent living, also broadly known as senior living, is ideal for seniors who are able to live on their own but wish to live in a community with apartment-style amenities, dining, security and access to assistance if the need ever arises. In contrast to assisted living, independent living communities provide minimal medical assistance and do not typically have caregivers on-site.
Everything you need without the hassle.
Our independent living communities allow seniors to maintain a worry-free lifestyle without the responsibilities of maintaining a personal home. We offer a safe living environment for residents as they age, while providing a great backdrop for living a fulfilling and wholehearted lifestyle. Residents can meet and socialize with other seniors who share common interests and who are in the same stage of life.Our lively community can keep your calendar full of activities or allow you space to relax and unwind. Enjoy outdoor courtyards, an organic garden, movie theater, fitness room, salon, spa and even an outdoor playscape for visiting grandchildren.
Independent living services and amenities
- Live comfortably in a community with apartments equipped with full-size appliances, handicap accessible bathrooms, custom-controlled air conditioning systems, satellite TVs, washers and dryers and emergency alert systems
- Fun and engaging activities including live music, worship services, painting courses, bingo and many others
- All-inclusive accommodations including water, electricity, dining and housekeeping services
- Courtesy programs help residents better manage their taxes, insurance and finances
- Transportation to and from scheduled doctor appointments and outings
- Pet friendly rooms (breed restrictions may apply)
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 24/7 help desk concierge
- Spacious floor plans
- Flexible short-term leases available
What is a continuing care retirement community? (CCRC)
Our Independent Living locations are part of a campus that is considered a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) that also have Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living facility on the same campus. Known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community, these campus allow families and partners to enjoy living in the same community while receiving different levels of care.
With Independent Living at Abri Health Care our residents can enjoy the privacy and comforts of a true home with the perks of belonging to a friendly neighborhood community.